From soaking to sipping, water is integral to health. Here are 9 ways to make drinking water a daily healing ritual.
- Add a spring or two of thyme to impart this herb’s antioxidants and immune and mood boosting properties.
- Add fresh squeezed lemon to return life to your water and vitamin C to your body.
- Add fresh mint leaves for a cooling and invigorating boost, and digestive aid.
- A sprig of rosemary is flavourful and anti-inflammatory (toss in a couple cranberries for a festive feel).
- Try fresh fruit! A few raspberries brighten up your glass and tastebuds.
- Ginger sparks digestion, soothes a sore throat and eases inflammation.
- Fennel seeds aid digestion, bloating and gas pain, and provide a liquorice zing.
- A touch of sea salt or himalayan salt adds minerals and helps the body hydrate through absorption of water by those added minerals.
- A touch of honey helps draw ama (toxins) from the body, provides enzymes, soothes a sore throat, and keeps those cola and sugar-cravings at bay.
- Bonus… blessings. Hold your cup of water at your heart and infuse your water with chant, song, prayer, gratitude, laughter and love. Then drink it all in and feel every cell nourished.